Monday, January 13, 2014

Cerveceria 5 de Mayo Osadia Ale Oscura


Tryng a Mexican craft beer, Osadia dark ale. Made in Puebla, Mexico, but bought in Boca del Rio, Veracruz (still Mexico). I wasn't there, but my traveling companion went to a liqour store by the mall to look for a local rum I had noticed. 

I'm not sure if the brewery is Arte en Maltas (Art in Malts) or Cerveceria 5 de Mayo, since both are named on the bottle and cap. I had already known there was more of a beer scene in Mexico then we can see from here in the states, but I was surprised by what I saw at a Belgian beer bar in Puebla.

This was bought in late December. The label is fun and appropriately Mexican. We also bought their Saga white ale. This beer was a dark ale, but when held up to the light it was more a dark caramel. At first taste it was very drinkable and almost creamy. Further drinking revealed some bitterness and and an unplaceable aftertaste (plasticky?). Full disclosure: my companion used this glass to make herself a michelada a few days ago and maybe she didn't wash it out right. I'll give this a B.

Enjoyed at home on a telework day.

No comments:

Post a Comment