Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hijs'm Oatmeal Milk Stout, Brouwerij De Prael, Amsterdam, Netherlands


Enjoying a fine Dutch beer, in Amsterdam. I guess the brewery, Brouwerij De Prael, is organic. Around the corner and slightly down the street is also a store with bottles, glasses, etc.

I'm drinking the Hijs'm Oatmeal Milk Stout, 8.1% and a steal (maybe?) at only €3.50. Thick and not very carbonated, served in a tulip glass. Has a sweet chocolate-coffee taste. Good, nothing wow inducing though. B...I wish my girlfriend was here.

Also, I just noticed in the restroom that I am either tan, flush, or sun burned. And the sink faucet is a beer tap. It won't stay open unless you apply pressure to it.

Before the stout I had one of their IPAs, either the Nick & Simon or the Johnny Green Label. But it doesn't matter; the nice young man serving them behind the bar gave me samples of each. The IPAs were both good. B.


Update: I looked at my receipt and it was Johnny Green Label.



No comments:

Post a Comment