Tuesday, July 12, 2011

India Pale Ale, Brewed by The Kennebec River Brewery, The Forks, Maine

I have been slacking on reviewing beers the last couple months. My roommates were in Maine a couple weeks ago and brought me back a variety six pack of local Maine Beers. One of the beers was the Kennebec River Brewery IPA. The beer poured out a copper color. There was not a strong aroma of hops. This beer was a medium-bodied and was very easy to drink. There was not a strong taste of hops like other America IPAs that tend to use a lot of hops. This reminded me of an English IPA which is more malty than hoppy. If you are expecting a hoppy IPA like an Dogfish Head I would stay away from this beer. But if you are looking for an easy to drink IPA, this is something I would recommend. If you have a friend looking to get into IPA's, this would be a good started IPA. I give this beer a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment