Friday, July 15, 2011

Pale Ale, Brewed by D.L. Geary Brewing Company, Portland, Maine

I decided to review a second beer from this mix six pack that was bought for me from Maine. This is the Geary's Pale Ale . Its brewed in Portland, Maine, which is a great city for craft beers. I've seen Gearys beers at some Boston bars like The Lower Depths Tap Room , The Sunset Grill and Tap and Bukowski Tavern. I've generally seen the Geary's Hampshire Special Ale and its only been in bottle. I don't recall ever seeing it on draft.

Anyways the beer pours out a copper color. There's a slight smell of hops and malts. Nothing overwhelming though. The taste is not too hoppy, very easy to drink. It tastes more of an English Pale Ale vs an American Pale Ale, meaning its not over-hopped which American Pale Ales tend to be. There is a pretty good malt flavor. There are also small hints of fruit.

Overall, this beer is medium-bodied, smooth. Its a very easy to drink beer. I give this beer an A-/B+. I recommend giving it a try if you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment