Friday, July 15, 2011

Riptide Red Ale, Brewed by Casco Bay Brewing Co. Portland, Maine

This is the 3rd beer I am reviewing from the mix six pack from Maine bought by my roommates. It is the Casco Bay Riptide Red Ale . It is brewed in Portland, Maine by Casco Bay Brewing Co. I have never seen this beer at any bars in Boston. The Riptide is an Irish Red Ale. It pours an amber color with a reddish tint. It smells of malty sweetness with very little hop smell. The taste is malty with hints of caramel flavors. There are also hints of fruitiness upon further drinking. Red Ales aren't my favorite style of beer, but this is a very solid Red Ale. If you are an Irish Red Ale fan you will definitely like this. It is better than most Irish Red Ales I've had. I give this beer an B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment